A simple list of camping items based on 2 people and a small child going on an overnight hike camping trip. More or less this is just our list for safe keeping.
Two full backpacks ~15-20kg and really, that’s with only the essentials in there..!
- But first: Book the campsite in advance!!
Child Carrier Backpack (Osprey Poco)
- 2-3L Bladder
- Some delicious bakery item for lunch, misc. fruit, trail mix, muesli bars, crackers, sultanas, freeze dry food, zip lock oats, powdered milk, pineapple pieces sachets, powered mocha & hot choc sticks and.. chocolate.
- Kitchen things:
- Lightweight Stove, 3 Sporks, 2 cups, 1 bowl if stove
- 1st aid kit (in Waterproof sack); incl. ibuprofen, water purification tablets, foil blanket
- Child 👦🏼 spill kit. Wipes, bags, nappies, chafe cream
Second 30L Backpack (OutThere AS-3)
- 3L bladder + 2x water bottles
- Sleeping mats, Nemo 2P tent, sleep sacks
- Long sleeves, back up/liner socks [Winter: Thermals, buffs, beanies, waterproof pants]
- In Waterproof sack; toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Head torches
The question always around: Rain jackets regardless?! (Maybe grab your smallest one).