First serious trial run; the Tasmanian Trail from North to South of Tasmania. Conscious of weather and versatility, not wanting to take much, and not many places to store much! = the old trick to grab everything you want to take, then reduce it by half 😁
The Pack List:
Loosely based on Adventure Racing Mandatory Gear and what I would have liked previously for 7 days of self supported racing..!
- Water bladder
- Head torch
- Base layer top
- Shell top and waterproof pants
- Foil space/emergency blanket
- First aid kit, sunscreen, chafe lube
- Bike multi tool, tube, pliers, pump, lock,etc.
Ideally having as much quick-dry tech fabric clothes would be nice, though we can make do with what we have..
- Merino bike top & bib nix
- Lightweight shell & waterproof pants
- Casual & thermal tee (for casual and actually wearing on the bike – fast dry overnight is a must!)
- Jacket (Nano-puff)
- Running shorts, doubling as boxers
- Chino shorts and longs, with fabric belt doubling as a gear strap
- Wrinkle free button up shirt
- Trail shoes for daily cycling, loafers and thongs
- Wearing the same bike clothes and socks daily 😣 ok, 2 pairs of socks..
- Phone & wall/USB/GPS chargers & battery power packs
- PLB (epirb)
- Nemo Daggar 2P tent
- Inflatable mattress, PHD sleeping bag, sack liner
- Cycling gloves
- Waterproof compression bag, small waterproof bags
- Giant Anthem Advanced & Thule Sports Rack
Post summary: It didn’t rain or get cold enough for the shell pants. And the second socks didn’t get used, so overall – this pack list was spot on, and a success! 😃